Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Hunger Games Review

Photobucket
The Hunger Games
Hardcover, First Edition, 374 pages
Published September 14th 2008 by Scholastic Press 
Read from Nov 15th 2011 to Feb 5th 2012

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts.
The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl
between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.
Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister Primrose,
regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games.
But Katniss has been close to dead before — and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender.
But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

 photo review.png
When I first heard of The Hunger Games, it didn’t really catch my attention. But after getting some friends opinions, I decided to give it a shot. And I am so glad that I did because I absolutely loved this book! From the moment the Tributes were chosen, until the final fight. This book is fast paced and full of action. You never know what to expect in this book with the twists that are revealed.
This is the first dystopian novel I’ve ever read and I found it to be quite intriguing. I didn’t want to put it down for most of the book which is hard to do when you’ve got 2 kids who need your attention 24/7.
The story starts off a bit slow, but I liked that because it helps the readers understand more about the games and how it works.
Panam, or what use to be North America, is home of 12 Districts that surround the Capital. Every year the Capital holds an event known as The Hunger Games. One boy and one girl are chosen from each district between the ages of 12-18, and must fight till death until one survivor remains.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves the dystopian/YA genre. I can’t wait to get into the next book and find out what happens when the victor returns home!

I gave The Hunger Games 5/5 Butterflies!
Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed my review. I know it’s probably not the best review but I’m fairly new at this so it’s going to take writing a few of them before I really get the hang of things.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment