Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Book Lovers Hop

Photobucket

Hello book lovers!
Welcome to my stop in the Thankful Book Lovers Hop!
Today I have the lovely Jennifer Malone Wright letting us know what she is thankful for!


Photobucket

This Thanksgiving I have more to be thankful for than I ever have before. Life has not always been kind to me, but I’ve found that if you look at it with positivity and take challenges head on, you will always find something to be grateful for.
My husband is in the military and been deployed several times, we are lucky to have him home this year, but among all the people who should get a shout out, I want to thank our soldiers who are overseas and cannot be with their families. And a huge thanks to the families of the service members who are taking care of things on the homefront.

Ok, are you ready for my list of things I’m thankful for?

Here we go!
1. I am thankful for my five crazy children. I don’t always feel this way, but at the end of each and every day I go to bed thanking god for them and knowing they are what keeps me going. I love them so much.

2. I am thankful for my husband, my husband has supported me and loved me for 12 years. He has served his country, served his county in law enforcement, and is absolutely one of the best people I know.

3. I am thankful for God. This pretty much doesn’t need an explanation but faith plays a huge part in my life.

4. I am thankful for my readers, without whom I wouldn’t have anyone to write for besides myself.

5. I am thankful that this year, we were finally able to give back to others after always being the ones to accept help.

6. I am thankful for my wonderful, amazing friends.

7. I am thankful that I am mostly healthy. I see a lot of people going through some horrible things and I pray for them constantly, but it also makes me realize that I’m in pretty good shape and I can’t imagine going what they go through on a daily basis.

8. I am thankful for technology, which allows me to make a second income for our family, to connect with my family and friends, and when my husband is gone on mission I am able to talk or chat with him almost daily. (most of the time) this is an amazing thing for us and sometimes we take it for granted. Oh, and I get lost a lot less with my nifty gps on my phone. Ok, and I’m also adding to this that medical technology is simply amazing…. So many lives that are saved because of the things medical technology has come out with.

9. I am thankful for volunteers… The people who volunteer for causes, for crises, for anything… they are like angels. Without people who give up their time for others, where would the world be? It would be an awfully selfish place, even more than it is now.

10. And finally, I am thankful for my community. I love where I live!



Here is my list of 10 things I am thankful for...
1. My Family, without them I wouldn't be who I am today. 

2. My Health. I had minor surgery almost a year ago but before that, I was hospitalized with Pancreatitis. NOT FUN AT ALL! 

3. My Books. I would be lost without my books! 

4. Authors. Without them, I'd be lost too! LOL 

5. Music. I love a variety of different music, depending on my mood. 

6. My Friends (online and in person) I have met a lot of wonderful friends through my love of books! (another reason I'm thankful for books) 

7. Technology. Without it, we would probably live a much simpler life... but who wants simple? ;) 

8. Mocha Lattes. They are just too damn good! Especially when they are homemade! 

9. Sunny Days. I miss Summer, but I love Fall for other reasons. I love the warmth it brings on cool Fall mornings. 

10. LIFE. I'm thankful for the life that I've been given. It hasn't always been easy, but I wouldn't change it for the world! 


Thank you so much Jenn for being apart of this amazing blog hop!


Don't forget to stop by these other awesome blogs and
 find out what they are thankful for!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!





No comments:

Post a Comment